is a compulsory requirement in technical training and there is a module on computer applications in all courses. The ICT unit deals with technical aspects of the computer and network infrastructure, software and hardware tools within the institute.
The main functions of the ICT Unit include:
- To develop and implement ICT policy of the Institute.
- To develop and implement curricula on ICT
- To coordinate all ICT related activities in the Institute so as to forestall
re-inventing the wheel and ensure optimum utilization of available resources.
The following are services provided, managed, maintained and administered:
- Installation of Hardware and Software on PC’s.
- Developing and maintaining of the Institute website.
- Installation and maintaining of Institute Internet facilities.
- Organizing Information and Communication Technology training for staff and students.